Smoothie Bowl


Happy Wednesday bloggers! I have recently had a few clients ask me what I like to eat before/ after my workouts. The truth is I make a simple fruit smoothie bowl. They are delicious, easy, and only a few ingredients. Because I enjoy them so much, I want to share with all of you how to make one. The four main ingredients you will need are: fruit, yogurt, milk and toppings.
1. For starters, make sure you have a blender; you will not get very far without one. The first and most important ingredient you will need is fruit. You will need one cup of mixed fruits. They can be fresh or frozen. I prefer frozen, because it helps keep the smoothie thick, and cold. You can also pick any fruits you would like to make your smoothie. I would say you need at least three to four different types of fruit for the best flavor. I usually do a mixed berry smoothie: strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
2. Next ingredient is one cup of yogurt. I use plain Greek yogurt, but you can use whichever yogurt is your favorite. The yogurt helps determine how thick the smoothie is, so if you want a thicker smoothie, add more. If you think you would rather have a smoothie bowl that is more liquid based, add less.
3. The third ingredient is milk. You could use anything from two percent milk to soymilk! The choice, once again, is yours. I usually use almond coconut milk, because I think it has a better taste, and it tends to have fewer calories. You will need one cup of whichever milk you decide to use. If you want a thicker smoothie, add less than a cup of milk.
4. The final ingredients are the toppings! The toppings are where you can get the most creative. Some topping ideas are: granola, nuts, chocolate chips, more fruit, avocados, peanut butter, shaved coconut, and chia seeds. The list is endless. My favorite combination is: granola, pistachios, peanut butter, and coconut shavings.

Since you know the ingredients, lets go through how to make the smoothie bowl. It is really only two major steps. Step one; pour the fruit, yogurt, and milk into the blender. Then blend the ingredients until there are not any chunks of fruit left in the mixture. This is important because you will want the smoothie to have an even consistency.
Once that the smoothie is made, you will move on to the second step. Step two is to pour the smoothie into a bowl, and cover with toppings! I usually pick a bowl that is much bigger than the amount of smoothie, so I can add as many toppings as I want. Once your toppings are on, the only thing left to do is enjoy! I hope your creativity makes a masterpiece, and I hope you like the smoothie bowl as much as I do.
(Personal Imagine Above)

Comments

  1. I am a huge fan of Yogurt, but obviously to keep the smoothie bowl healthy you need a non sugar added greek yogurt. Any tips to add sweetness to the bowl without adding added sugars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, the bowl will be plenty sweet from the fruit!I do not think you need to add any sweetness to the bowl.

      Delete
  2. This sounds delicious! I never thought about having a smoothie in a bowl instead of a traditional smoothie. Can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's a lot more fun and appealing than a regular smoothie.

      Delete
  3. This looks and sounds so yummy, I'm excited to get the ingredients and try it at home! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Always good to have feedback.

      Delete
  4. This might be a good idea to make on my own and eat on a daily. I find it more creative to put in a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely makes you use your imagination!

      Delete
  5. This sounds very good. I am going to have to try this at home. Is this smoothie bowl perfect for breakfast also?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this just the other day and was amazed at how good it tasted. Not only that but I had a ton of energy all throughout my workout. I will definitely be recommending this one to other people. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment