What is Beach Yoga?

Hey fellow bloggers! I apologize for the late blog; it has been such a crazy week at the studio. It will not happen again! For this week’s topic, I want to explain our beach yoga sessions. Since it is our most popular class, I tend to get multiple questions about how many sessions there are per day, and what time each session starts. To start off, when we have our beach yoga, there are three sessions per day that a client can choose from. They can choose a morning, afternoon, or night session. The times of each session change depending on the season, for this example I am going to describe the options based on our summer classes, since summer is our busiest season.

A morning class would start around 6-6:30am, in between sunrise and the start of daylight. The morning class is an amazing way to start your day, because you experience the beauty of the sunrise, as well as gain energy to complete the day. The afternoon class takes place around noon. We’ve nicknamed this class “HOT yoga on the beach”, because the client is getting the experience of our hot yoga class, just in the sand. This class is perfect for anyone who wants a good workout, and a nice tan. Finally the night session of beach takes place around 7-7:30pm. The goal is to find the perfect time where there is still enough sunlight to see, but by the end the sun is setting. The reasons for these times are simple; it’s an incredible way to end your day. Even if someone had a terrible day, they will leave this session feeling at peace, and accomplished. Each session last about an hour, but believe me when I say time flies on the mat. The sea breeze cooling you off as the sun warms your body, hearing the waves crash against each other, and even just the feeling of the sand under your mat, it’s an experience someone will never be able to forget.
(Imagine from http://www.serenitytreeyoga.com/vacation-yoga-package-beachside/)

Comments

  1. I've never done yoga before but this makes me want to try it! While I hate getting up early, I think seeing the sunrise on the beach is so peaceful and never fails to amaze me. I would be willing to give yoga a try while watching the sun come up. At least if I don't like it I at least get the satisfaction of watching the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I am not a morning person either.. haha. But your right, nothing beats a sunrise on the beach! That thought alone is the only thing helping me get out of bed to go.

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing! While I hate being hot, you are correct about the cool breeze. Yoga is a great way to start your day too! Do you have a specific beach in mind? Id love to also try to the end of day yoga. Doing it during sunset while the temperature drops sounds very cool, literally. What type of clothing would you recommend? Is it ok if I bring a friend whos a complete beginner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A specific beach is not decided, but it will most likely be in North Myrtle! For clothing, I would say whatever you can stretch in, while still being comfortable, would be great. I personally prefer cropped leggings with a tank top, but that's just me. Some customers even wear their bathing suits underneath.
      Bringing a friend is encouraged! We should alternative positions for beginners so anyone could try it.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the idea of incorporating the beach into your yoga sessions, very zen! I myself am not very Yoga inclined but am very much so open and willing to try it; a class like this would be a good start for me. Unfortunately, I am not very flexible, is that something I would need to work on prior to a class or would I still be able to participate at my low skill level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I loved how adventurous you seem for wanting to try new things! Not being very flexible is definitely okay. You may struggle with some poses, but practice will make perfect. It may be a cool idea to go into your first class, without practicing prior, to see how flexible your body is. Then you can watch yourself grow!

      Delete
  4. I agree completely with having Yoga on the beach. You are really taking advantage of the location! I think that doing yoga on the beach is really going to set you apart from other local yoga businesses. Is this something that will be done year round? I know it can get very cold and very hot depending on the time of the year so I feel it might deter some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try our best to do year round, but there is definitely a decrease in number of people who sign up for those classes in winter!

      Delete
  5. I think this is very interesting and makes me want to do yoga. Even though the time range might be a little difficult, due to me not liking to get up early. But I think the beach is just a good spot for anything o take place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always try the night class! Nothing beats being on the beach during sunset.

      Delete
  6. Even though I am just getting start in yoga, this makes me want to do a beach session. Every session sounds great expect the "hot yoga on the beach". Instead of being relax I would be more focus on that it is really hot out. Is it better to start your day with a yoga session or after a gym session?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment