What to Wear

One of the most popular questions I get from people interested in starting yoga is, “what am I supposed to wear? Do I have to wear a certain type of outfit?” The answer is no. Most people assume that they have to wear “yoga brands” to attend a class, such as: Lululemon, Athletica, Adidas Yoga, or Fabletics. When the truth is, you wear what ever is comfortable for YOU.

When I first started practicing yoga, I was very intimidated by what I saw the other women wearing. They looked so professional, and dedicated. Most would be wearing designer brand leggings with matching tops, or sports bras. Meanwhile, I was wearing your typical racer back with old Nike shorts, or cropped leggings. When I went to some of those stores, in hopes to fit in; I was shocked by some of the prices. I was not ready to invest in clothing for an activity that I was not confident I loved yet. Which is okay.


As my love for yoga grew, I did start investing in those brands, and I LOVE them. For my practice, they are great. I have items from all the companies stated before, and I think they all provide comfort, and convenient technologies to keep me cool during the workout. As much I as do love them, I think people should wear what makes them the most comfortable while working out. No one should feel discourage to go to a yoga class if they do not own the top brands. If you’re comfortable in an old t-shirt and basketball shorts, wear that! If you are most comfortable in an athletic brand outfit, wear that! Even though I do own those brands, sometimes I still wear different items that I think are just as cozy. The practice of yoga is to better your mind, body, and soul. It does not matter what you are wearing as long as you feel good about yourself!
(image from http://freshhh.nl/bewegen/versterk-je-core-met-deze-yoga-flow/)

Comments

  1. This blog, tells me I can wear anything while doing yoga. And that's a good thing, being comfortable while doing something is important. I would most likely wear a T-shirt and basketball shorts aha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A T-shirt and basketball shorts are perfect!! As long as you are comfortable

      Delete

Post a Comment